Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lesson Plan Wednesday: Patterned Crazy Quilts

This week's Lesson Plan Wednesday is Patterned Crazy Quilts. A good friend of mine (who is an awesomely talented artist and super-duper art teacher) from my graduate school cohort, The Art Ninja, designed this lesson plan and I put it into my usual format. And, he very generously gave me permission to share it with you! The Art Ninja does not have a blog. . .yet. But, if you would like to contact him with questions and/or ideas you can do so by clicking on his name, which will give you his email address. I would suggest this project for 3rd/4th graders or even older (I prefer 3rd). This is a great intro or review of patterns for elementary students. My students LOVED getting to draw themselves asleep. And, now that they are finished, I think for next time it would be fun to draw a "dream bubble." Overall, the students love them and they learn a lot from them.

Also, please note, I put all of the Georgia Performance Standards for Visual Arts at the top of all of my lesson plans. I print them out, put them in a binder, and then highlight the standards to which the project adheres. If you are not in Georgia, you will probably want to delete/ignore this part of the LP.

**you are welcome to share this lesson plan on your website or blog but please credit Artful Artsy Amy as the source and please credit The Art Ninja (with his email address) as author of the Patterned Crazy Quilt Lesson Plan. Please do not re-publish this lesson plan for profit or for a grade.**

1 comment:

  1. Cute lesson Amy. I don't know why I missed this when you first posted it, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete