Friday, May 6, 2011

Call For Art Teacher Showcases

The Art Ninja emailed me a few weeks ago with an excellent suggestion. Why not use this space to showcase how different art teachers set up classrooms, display artwork, etc. etc.? I have to agree.

I want to show off your classroom! This is a great opportunity for those of you who participate in the online art education community, but do not have a blog, to showcase what you do! Think about how great it would be to show future employers and/or current administrators your work featured on the internet.

And, it is great opportunity for those of you who do blog to feature your awesomeness here and in doing so, create more buzz for what you do.

Here is what you need to do to participate:

1. Take photos of your art room. These can be close-up, or at large. Try to focus on the elements that make your room uniquely you.

2. Take a few photos of art displays if you like!

3. Make sure that students -if in the photos- do not have any faces showing (we want to protect our kiddos!). You can do this by blacking out faces in Paint or Photoshop. . .Or by cropping the photos so faces don't appear.

4. Email me your photos. Include a brief (400 words or less) description of your classroom and what makes it, and you, rock.

6. I'll email you and let you know when you are due to be featured!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I would be better at this at the beginning of the school year! I am feeling a little scattered right now(and my room is showing it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, my room is SCARY right now, with an art show a week away, 52 painted papier-mache multi-scoop ice cream cones dripping everywhere, 45 teddy bear chairs stacked all over the place, paints mixed and ready for painting cakes, 36 flying pigs, a dozen or two people-in-action sculptures, a few uncollected coil pots, piles and piles of artwork, signs, labels, papers... YIKES! Bring on either the bulldozers or the video crew for an episode of Hoarders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get quite a few daily or semi-daily hits from universities. . .Which makes me think that art education students are checking out what happens on our blogs more than we realize. I don't think we should be ashamed of our rooms. . .Instead, we should proudly stand up and say: "This! THIS! This, is what amazing, awesome, creative, talented, supportive art departments look like!"

    But, no worries. I'm going to periodically call for submissions for this. . .So, in the fall, be prepared (before it gets all mucked up) to take a few pictures.

    Especially you, Phyl, what with it being your last year. :(

    ReplyDelete