Friday, May 27, 2011

A Jobby Job AND Lesson Plan Raffle!

I signed a contract to teach Art for 6th-8th grades yesterday for the 2011-2012 school year!!! I'm thrilled as the job is a commutable distance to my home, has a wonderful facility, a truly warm administration, AND is in the county school system I attended when I was kid. Crazy, right?!

Sooo, those of you who follow me know what this means! Time to raffle off my lesson plan book! I want to thank you all for all of your amazing, awesome, strong, and supportive comments. Reading your words really uplifted me and helped me to have the "right" and "positive" attitude (especially in moments wherein I felt dejected).

Ten of you put comments on my "call for a raffle" posting, but Ms. Phyl opted out of participating in the raffle because she is so close to retirement. And, I mean seriously, like I would have anything to share with Ms. Phyl?! She is pretty much the most creative, innovative, and amazing art teacher I know. I assigned you each a number based on the order in which you posted (1-9), and then put the numbers into a random number generator.

Our winner is lucky #9 who is SARA! Sara, you posted as anonymous and I don't have contact info for you. Please contact me so I can zip and send you the lesson plans (artful.artsy.amy@gmail.com).

AND, because I'm just thrilled and I LOVE sharing, if you posted a comment on the original post, post a comment on this post, and/or follow my blog please email me and I will zip and email you 20 lesson plans!

Honestly, I LOVE YOU GUYS!


10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job, Amy! At a time when jobs are hard to come by, you are lucky to find a good job, but even more, they were lucky to find you!

    And aww shucks, you embarrass me with your sweet comments. I get new ideas from other bloggers every day, and would never presume there's nothing left for me to learn! Isn't blogging the best?

    Congrats again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job! I am very jealous of you. I am still looking here in Michigan but not much has been posted in my area yet.
    Your school will be glad that they hired you, you always have great things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job!!! In my school district we know we have jobs next year--we do not have an "official" contract to tell us our pay-days off -sick days-insurance etc. etc.--very frustrating!!!! Congrats to you--now you can enjoy the long weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! You found a new home!! I'm so happy for you! Now you don't have to be a greeter at Walmart...tho, I think it would pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sososososo happy for you Amy!! you are an amazing, talented and most importanly passionate educator and those kids are so lucky they will have you as their art teacher!!
    Congratulations!!
    Sara
    and p.s.--sosososo happy for me--i am Sara, the winner of your giveaway!! yay me! (had to go back to your original posting to verify that the comment was mine and it was :) Thank you for your generosity!

    ripnrin@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. another p.s.--it's sara again--just wanted you to know that it's a big milestone birthday weekend for me and your lessons are a wonderful birthday present to me!! just in time for summer where I can sit and digest them all!!
    you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the job! I teach art classes at a local art center and am inspired by many of the projects that I see on your blog!
    sewhappyeverafter at att dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooo HOOO for you! Love that you got a job close home, makes life so much easier! Lucky kids to have you!

    ReplyDelete