Friday, August 12, 2011

My Decorated Art Room!

A few weeks, I posted a video that demonstrated my excitement at seeing my art room for the first time. Below, you can see the art room all decorated!


The kiddos return to school Monday, and I'm super excited! I'm NOT super-excited about wearing uniform on Monday, though. Fortunately, it is just for the one day -to model the uniform for students- but I'm a wee bit concerned because all of my fellow teachers love (LOVE!) the idea of wearing a uniform every day.

Me? Not so much. I plan on using the bedazzler a little bit this weekend!

But, if that is the WORST of my worries, then I am one very lucky lady. Which, of course, I am. I can't wait to share what all happens this year with you all. I can tell already I work with some people with wonderful senses of humor!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your room great job. . . AND happy school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what an amazing space.whats the name of the program u used to make the dot image??? i would love to hear more about your behavior bingo system- did u talk about it in a previous post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SPACE! WOW! It's huge! LOve that storage closet and all the wall space you have. I may have to do this when I get my room all in order... take a video of it! Thanks for inspiring me. I also love the "reflection chair"... better than the "time out" chair name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa - I wish my room was half the size of yours! Can I steal your Modern Art poster idea? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the five things poster written up where you could email it to me? I would love to use it in my classroom this year!! LOVE your room!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys! Thank you so much for your support! I do love my new room soo much (my old room was about 1/4 the size of this one!!!)

    I'm working on some posts about rasterizing images, the standards matrix (is that what you are asking about raine.dawn?), and a few rubrics.

    You are welcome to "permanently borrow" any ideas or images you see here. I firmly believe that art teachers need to learn how to work collaboratively across the 'nets (since we are often the only art person in our buildings). I do ask that you not remake any items for selling etc. And, the modern art equation is not my idea. I've mentioned the artist before, but not on this post. You can read about this artist here http://www.morenewmath.com/69/modern-art/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't able to look at this on my phone, wow! I am also envying your classroom size and your supply closet. Fabulous!! We start school next week. I kind of feel like I am mostly done, because the list is short, but still SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOUR ROOM LOOKS AWESOME! Your kids are going to flip out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's some HUGE art room...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete