Sunday, August 12, 2012

Welcome Back to My Art Room

Whew. School officially starts for me. . .and the kiddos. . .tomorrow!
I wanted to share my room set-up and decoration with you.  I did add a few more posters after these photos were taken, and I'll share those with you later.

It is always so much fun to see the photos of your classrooms; I enjoy them so much. Since so many of you are Elementary Art teachers, your rooms look very different than mine.  I try to make my room warm and inviting, while still maintaining the functionality and "coolness" needed to keep Middle School kiddos on-track!

Also, I blog at least once a week on my school art blog. If you want to see how I pace my classes and what I do each week, please follow me there too. http://cobblearning.net/cmsart

Enjoy!

Hanging to the side of the entrance to my classroom. A parent made that sign for me years ago. I love it!
14

The view from the door of my classroom
2

Just inside my classroom door
3

My "Monas"
4

Posters on the darkroom door
5

Supply shelves. Students are allowed to use any item off of these shelves without permission. We are learning the art of self-discipline and personal responsibility
6

Close up of the supply shelves. I bought this magnetic paper at a garage sale years ago. I cut it down, and use it to label all sorts of stuff!
7

Common Core vocabulary posters on the cabinet doors
9

Computer station
10

View from the other side of the classroom. I have 8 tables for student seating in total.
11

My work station at the front of the room. This is where I go over PowerPoint presentations and use my Document Camera for demonstrations.
12

Bulletin board for student drawings. As the kids give me anime and cartoon copies, I hang them up here. I like to celebrate all of their art-driven endeavors.
13


1 comment: