Friday, November 2, 2012

FREE Lesson Plans and Random Acts of Kindness


UPDATE: YOU NOW HAVE UNTIL 11 PM EST ON MONDAY 11/5/2012 TO PLEDGE!!!

I want you to pledge to committing a Random Act of Kindness.  If you pledge, I will give you 40 of my best lesson plans!!

Want the lessons? Here's what you can do:
1. go to http://cluster.gishwhes2012.com/pledge.php
2. pledge to doing a Random Act of Kindness
3. use my email as your reference artful.artsy.amy@gmail.com
4. email me and let me know you pledged, put "free lesson plans please!" in the subject line
5. I will send you 40 free lesson plans by 11/9/2012
6. You must email me on/before 12 a.m. EST on 11/5/2012 11 p.m. EST on 11/5/2012 to get lessons

_______________________________________________________________________________

Does this sound like an unusual request from an Art Education blogger? Well, it is because I am participating in an amazing, world-wide, creative, event!!

 Apparently, it is not enough to teach at least 40 hours a week, commute 3 hours daily, and work on my doctorate. Oh, no. Clearly, I have too much time on my hands, so I signed up to participate in G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S. (otherwise known as Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen).  Also, I got pneumonia this week.

G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S. is the brain child of actor/activist Misha Collins. Essentially, people use the internet to form international teams of 15 and work over 6 days to complete a list of over 150 bizarre, creative, altruistic, tasks that defy normalcy. There is a sliding scale fee to participate that goes towards Collins non-profit, therandomact.org which encourages people to commit random acts of kindness to promote a better world. There is a prize, a trip for you and your team to Scotland. . . But, honestly, the prize is all the fun you have, the people you meet, and the creative personal growth that happens doing this hilarious hunt. 

So far this week I have:
-completed a Freedom of Information Act Request for my personal files
-bejeweled a bosom
-completed an oil painting of the legendary snipe
-made a draw of a woman riding a bus like a horse going off a cliff into an active volcano
-kissed a loved one with 11 food items between our lips
-committed and filmed a Random Act of Kindness in my community
-gathered 33 people, made a human abacus, and solved math problems
-created a fake news report about the scavenger hunt
-made a Brady Bunch style photo of myself in full on 70's gear
 -created a scene of what a drug-addicted Tickle Me Elmo would look like

I'm wondering if you'd like to help?  One of the goals of the hunt is to break the current world record for the largest # of people committed to completing a Random Act of Kindness.  For each person I can get to agree to committing a Random Act of Kindness this year, my team will earn two points. . .And, the whole group of players will be that much closer to breaking an awesome world record.

I'd really like your help. . . And, I'd also like to do something for you: I'D LIKE TO GIVE YOU 40 OF MY BEST LESSON PLANS

Want the lessons? Here's what you can do:
1. go to http://cluster.gishwhes2012.com/pledge.php
2. pledge to doing a Random Act of Kindness
3. use my email as your reference artful.artsy.amy@gmail.com
4. email me and let me know you pledged, put "free lesson plans please!" in the subject line
5. I will send you 40 free lesson plans by 11/9/2012
6. You must email me on/before 12 a.m. EST on 11/5/2012 11 p.m. EST on 11/5/2012 to get lessons
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! Wow, talk about busy! I love this idea for RAOK! I write chalk messages around my neighborhood, leave pretty parcels in trees for people to find and send random mail out into the world. LOVE it all!

    ~jek

    ReplyDelete